- Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Connects easily to a wide range of Bluetooth enabled smartphones, tablets, notebook and desktop computers
- Certified by Apple® for iOS devices – Guaranteed Compatibility
- Scanning – Fast 2D & 1D omni-directional barcode and QR code scanning with highly visible and safe LED aimer
- Exceptional Ergonomics - Small, lightweight, and fits perfectly in the hand for comfortable use over extended periods
- User Indicators – Intuitive LEDs, beeps, and vibrations let users know battery, Bluetooth connection and scanning status
- Long Lasting Battery – Power to last over 16 hours
The SocketScan S720 is a Bluetooth Barcode Scanner that reads 1D and 2D barcodes on paper and screen. It’s lightweight, ergonomically designed and comes with long-lasting batteries. Great for everyday general-purpose scanning, the S720 2D barcode reader scans popular 2D barcodes such as PDF417, QR Codes and Data Matrix. It is exceptionally easy to use, with intuitive notifications for battery level, Bluetooth connection, and scanning status.
The S720 is wireless, providing increased mobility and productivity, helping reduce human error. 2D barcodes offer the next step in versatility, functionality, and efficiency that cannot be achieved with linear 1D barcodes. Using 2D barcodes with an effective barcode reader gives your business an accurate and easy way to track inventory and assets, scan products, digital IDs and/or credentials from mobile wallets. Designed for the budget-conscious business, the S720 is a great everyday general-purpose 2D barcode reader that scans the most popularly used 2D barcodes such as PDF417, QR Codes and Data Matrix.
Supported Barcode Symbologies:
- 1D Symbologies: Australia Post, Bookland EAN, Chinese 2 of 5, Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, Composite CC-A/B, Composite CC-C, Composite TLC, Discrete 2 of 5, EAN-13/JAN, EAN-8/JAN, GS1 Databar, GS1 Databar Expanded, GS1 Databar Limited, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBT 128, ISSN EAN, Matrix 2 of 5, MSI, UPC/EAN/JAN, UPC A, UPC EO
- 2D Symbologies: Aztec, Data Matrix, Maxicode, Micro PDF417, MicroQR, PDF417, QR Code
1280 horizontal x 960 vertical pixels
Down to 25%
3.0 to 49.5 cm (1.2 to 19.5 in.) Depends on barcode size, symbology, label media
2 AA NiMH rechargeable batteries
Approx. 6 hours
Batter Life - Per Full Charge:
Active Scan Time: 70,000 scans within 9 hours based on 2 scans every 1 second
12,000 scans within 15 hours based on 1 scan every 4 seconds
Note: Battery life varies depending on ambient temperature, ambient light, and age of battery.
From 0 to 100 000 lux, From pitch black to direct sun light
0° to 45° C (32° to 113° F)
-40° to 70° C (-40° to 158° F)
95% at 60° C (140° F) (non-condensing)
4 ft. drop to linoleum
Class 2 Bluetooth, version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rates) with 56-bit data encryption
Up to 10 m (33 ft.) depending on environment, range limit is usually due to the Host Device (phone, tablet or notebook)
Basic Mode - Human Interface Device (HID), Application Mode - Serial Port Profile (SPP) and iOS Application Mode*. Some Operating Systems or smartphone/tablet models may support only one profile. *By default, the scanner is set to iOS Application Mode.
- S720 Barcode Scanner
- Rechargeable Battery
- USB A Male to DC Plug Cable
- Wrist Strap